Our client is looking for a Technology Consultant to be the technology enabler/thought leader and systems analyst/developer for our client’s business units. In this role, you’ll help streamline business processes and enable information sharing within the organization.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won’t Tell You
The culture: Our client believes in fostering a family environment to help create a strong quality of life for their team.
The company: Since 1914, our client has served customers in the construction, roadbuilding, mining, aggregates, and agriculture communities by providing quality products, parts, and service.
Nerd alert: Our client is looking for someone with experience in HTML/CSS, .NET, iOS mobile development, and SQL Server.
Don’t apply if you: Aren’t a jack of all trades with a knack for building things and the ability to take on a lot of responsibilities at once.
Build your street cred by: Proving your abilities in front-end web development with a heavy focus on dashboards and interactive data grids.
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code using software development best practices
- Create applications from the ground up, acting as data modeler, systems analyst, and GUI designer – essentially a technology consultant to various business units who can both consult on options and implement them
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases, and create new databases where necessary
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our web/mobile applications
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Coordinate with other members of the development team, including using TFS Online for tracking issues/updates
Skills & Requirements
- Proven work experience in web programming, mobile app development, and database modeling
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with server-side programming languages, .NET preferred
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and development best practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming, and web application development
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of project timelines
- Ability to learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Bachelor of Science or other certification in computer science or a related field is a plus, though not required