Got killer writing technique? Typos?! What even are those.
We’re looking for a whip-smart Technical Writer, a person who researches, writes, edits, and proofreads technical information for customers, marketing teams, white papers, analyst relations, PR people—any communication with our name on it! We’re trusting you to make sure all technical documentation is 100% accurate, adhering to editorial specifications and immaculate quality standards for everything from graphics to format to style. We’ve got our eye on a team player who knows what should be documented and can easily translate it from the technical particulars to clear and constructive copy.
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won’t Tell You
Why you’re right for the job: You love digging into subjects and communicating those ideas to laymen.
Keep walking if: You don’t somewhat identify with the idea of being a grammar freak.
It’s not all puppies and rainbows: You will have to have initiative to plan and edit your own writing.
Sometimes, though, it is puppies and rainbows: Enjoy a 100% remote position in the comfort of your own home, your local Starbucks, or whatever floats your boat!
How to impress the boss on Day 1: Surpass your deadlines and produce nothing but accurate content.
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Plan, write, edit, and maintain technical and marketing documents including white papers, internal and external communication, et cetera, in relation to projects and product documentation
· Proactively collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure document accuracy
· Work with project managers by maintaining regular, timely, and consistent communication with team members on project status, issues, and risks
· Liaise with subject matter experts to capture product features, advantages, benefits, key business scenarios, or applications for the solution
· Research previous documentation and design notes by using company technical products and information for potentially complex issues
Skills & Qualifications
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, White Papers, press releases, and experience with blog writing is highly desired
· Experience with documenting highly technical products and technologies is required
· Experience with network controls, IoT, Edge Gateway, and/or smart cities is preferred
Still Not Convinced?
With all your writing, you’ll have enough experience to get a headshot for your author bio, you writer, you.